Renanthera monachica

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evergreen

Reaction score
Native to Philippines, first time bloomer, so not many flowers :) easy but a slow grower.
3160580456_e89b59f445.jpg

When they get to be mature, they can't be beat with the show they put on - hang in there - it will be worth it!
How slow is slow? What's your culture?

How slow is slow? What's your culture?
Got it in 2005 with no roots, since then it grew many roots and only 5 leaves. So it’s not a fast grower.
I grow it indoors on a south facing windowsill and from spring till autumn I keep it in a greenhouse, gets plenty of sun all the summer (but not so much in winter)

Slow growing and slow opening, also.
You are so right, but I guess it’s worth the wait :)

These are a few photos of my plant. It grows no more than 2 leaves per year (maybe just one leaf)

Attachments

• ren monachica 1.JPG
    ren monachica 1.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 4
  • ren monachica 2.JPG
    ren monachica 2.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 5
  • ren monachica 3.JPG
    ren monachica 3.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 8
  • ren monachica 4.JPG
    ren monachica 4.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 6
This is fantastic!!!! I love it!!!! I definately want to learn how to grow these...:(!!! But i need both the conditions and space...:(:(:(:(

This is fantastic!!!! I love it!!!! I definately want to learn how to grow these...:(!!! But i need both the conditions and space...:(:(:(:(
The plant is really small it won't take much place (my 10 year old plant is less than 6 inch (15 cm) The leaves also grow very close to each other (not in the same manner of other renantheras) I put in in the same place w/ phals, phrags, paphs, in other word no special room or temperature.

These news are so encouraging!!!! Thank you Hien!!!! I hope I find it somewhere...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Latest posts

Back