Paph. venustum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
This is a first bloom seedling. You either hate them or love them. I've gotten to love them over the years and especially like their hybrids. The flower is on the smaller side, but the color is good. We'll see what it does when it gets bigger.

venustum2.jpg

I love them too. Will the petals reflex as they age, or is that a fault of culture or genetics you see in other plants? I prefer the petals held out straight like yours!

That's a really cute venustum.

They are starting to grow on me, especially the spotty, colourful ones.

I agree with all above! I find it hard to get a good one. I also love the hybrids as well. I have a few and they didn't bloom this year.:sob:

Will the petals reflex as they age, or is that a fault of culture or genetics you see in other plants? I prefer the petals held out straight like yours!

Most I've seen have reflexed petals. Since this one has only been fully open a few days, it could reflex too. I'll have to wait and see.

Zach, it's a good grower. I've got it in s/h right now and it bloomed easily.

That is a nice bright one Candace. It will be really great if the petals stay out like they are now.

Is there a clonal name?

Latest posts

Back