1:72 BAe Hawk ZA101

Evening all,

I'm currently in the midst of a rather deep airliner build (I'll tell you about it if it goes well) so rather cherishing the memory of building the uncomplicated Airfix Hawk earlier this year. Apart from the intakes which need a bit of work out of the box, all doosies on this are entirely my own making...

There are plenty of references for this aircraft online, although I originally came across this attractive scheme on a b/w profile in an old Scale Aircraft Modelling issue. As far as I'm aware it was originally G-HAWK, and became za101 when it went on a sales visit to the states - you can see where they have removed the 'Gs'. Decals are homemade - the British Aerospace HAWK nose logo was the most fun, I had to print off the outline from the computer and colour in the white with acrylic ink. Also a bit of PE in there, resin seats and a homemade set of steps (which now look like a rather heavy set fitter has been standing on them).

Bonus JP for added British trainer fun!

20191123_162359 20191123_162342

20191123_161632 20191123_162316

20191123_162258 20191123_162233 20191123_162206

Thanks for looking,

Harry

• Like 35

3 minutes ago, dbay133 said:

Very nice.  What kit did you use?

Graeme

Thank you! It's the new Airfix, boxing was A03085A which has the drop tanks, I dont know if all of the new boxings, eg Red Arrows have tanks, may do. It also has all the stencils. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Cheshiretaurus said:

Fantastic work, Have intentions of G-HAWK myself as well.

What paint call outs did you use?

Thanks very much, nothing fancy, grey is Xtracrylix light aircraft grey, red is Tamiya X7. 

There are various iterations of g hawk so have fun with the research, at one stage she had this scheme but with the civil reg, and she also carried a gun pod at one stage I think...

• Thanks 1