Instant Book - Why can't find where to turn it on?

Answered!
Caitlin8
Level 2
Santa Maria, CA

Instant Book - Why can't find where to turn it on?

When I follow the directions to turn on instant booking, I do not seem to have the option. Is there a requirement of certain amount of guests that you have hosted before allowing the setting to be turned on?

1 Best Answer
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Although this is an old thread this does come up often so a couple of years ago I compiled some help guides to cover various aspects of managing your listing, and this one refers to how to access the

'Instant Book' setting.

One thing to note, a couple of these posts above mention a lightning flash, this icon is no longer used to denote hosts who use Instant Book.

Following these steps will show you where to either turn IB off or on.....

Instant book 1.png

I hope this helps those who may be in doubt!

Cheers......Rob

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

Hi @Caitlin8

Does point 4 below give any clue to assist you with the particular problem you are referring to in setting up your Instant Booking feature?

Keep in mind that if you are new to Airbnb hosting you will learn a lot about your potential guests and may be better prepared  for their expectations if you converse/email with guests first. You will also learn about yourself as a host and get a feel for what type of guest situations you are most comfortable with.

A period of time without Instant Book is not a bad idea for new hosts but if you are keen to jump in, then perhaps consider settings that give you a few day's advance warning.

Have fun!

Be cautious and optimistic!

Regards, Christine.

See Below:

>Instant Book settings

Instant Book is a host setting which lets guests who meet your requirements automatically book your space.

Turn on Instant Book

To turn on Instant Book for your listing:

1. Go to Manage Listings on airbnb.com
  2. Click Manage Listing and Calendar on the listing you want to edit
  3. Hover on the left side of the page to open the menu
  4. Under Booking, click Try Instant Book
  5. Edit your Instant Book settings

When Instant Book is on, you’ll see a lightening bolt on your Manage Listings page

Turn off Instant Book

To turn off Instant Book for your listing:

1. Go to Manage Listings on airbnb.com
  2. Click Manage Listing and Calendar on the listing you want to edit
  3. Hover on the left side of the page to open the menu
  4. Under Booking click Change next to “Guests can book without sending requests.”
  5. Select Review each request

Turning off Instant Book will not remove confirmed reservations that have already been made with Instant Book.

Instant Book settings

Once Instant Book is on, you’ll have access to these Instant Book settings:

Who Can Book
      : Set whether you’d like to host any guests who are eligible for Instant Book or only guests who have received positive reviews from other hosts.
Advance Notice
      : Set how much advance notice you need for an Instant Book reservation. Your options are:
      • Same day
      • At least 1 day
      • At least 3 days
      • At least 7 days.
Same Day Booking By
      : If you allow guests to book on the same day as check-in, you will have the option to set a cut-off time for same day bookings.
House Rules
      : Guests will need to agree to your
House Rules
      before booking. If you feel like you are ever uncomfortable with your guests’ behavior, you can
cancel penalty-free.First Message
    : Write a message to welcome your guests. They’ll see the message before they book your space

I'm also having that issue trying to turn it off and following the instructions doesn't work.

yes i want to turn mine off too, have you figured it out?

thanks

There is an option to turn it off. But if you can`t reply the inquiries within 24hrs there will be a penalty.

Thank you.  Your post worked far better than the original documentation.  It turns out there is one more trick.  You can't select the radio button like you do in every other similar web form.  Instead move your mouse around the text until you see the text on the right change as a hover action and then click in dead space in that area.

Tina254
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

I am getting instant booking but I have not set up instant booking

and I am not able to take it off

please can you help me to take instant booking I am not ready for this at this present time

thank you

Tina Mesiti

Szabolcs1
Level 1
Helsinki, Finland

Also problem with it... No options for turn off. The description doesnt work (I dont have "Try instant book" options). Its automaticly insta booking. Could anybody solve it already?

Irene60
Level 1
Chania, Greece

Same problem here... No way to turn it off.

Any update? 

I found that you have to click on the "lightning bolt" to turn it off.  Clicking on the lightning bolt turns it on.  Terrible, non-intuitive solution.

Aoi0
Level 6
Tokyo, Japan

Hi, everyone

The same problem happened to my Android system.

So I delete the App from my mobile phone.

I am using computer, window to log in Airbnb.

Or if you have iphone or Mac, please use them to log in Airbnb.

I believe you could solve the problem.

If you only have Android system mobile phone,  you could borrow family's computer to log in.

Please try it.

Cheers

Aoi

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Although this is an old thread this does come up often so a couple of years ago I compiled some help guides to cover various aspects of managing your listing, and this one refers to how to access the

'Instant Book' setting.

One thing to note, a couple of these posts above mention a lightning flash, this icon is no longer used to denote hosts who use Instant Book.

Following these steps will show you where to either turn IB off or on.....

Instant book 1.png

I hope this helps those who may be in doubt!

Cheers......Rob

Lisa5206
Level 1
Nottingham, GB

I've tried every which way with this - and the 'edit' box isn't available to use