Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2015, 04:29   #271
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
it's a Smoke Grey Figo.
Would love to see more of the smoke grey pictures! (In sunlight/white light too, please)
Is planning to book Figo hatch in smoke Grey / silver for my grand parents.
Just not able to decide on the color!
Old 17th October 2015, 04:54   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenlybull View Post
Looks like the telephony controls are not there on the steering in the titanium variant. I only noticed today that the phone icons are missing on the Titianium steering http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/154717.jpg
Although the phone icons are not there, you can use the previous track and next track buttons from the Trend variants onwards to answer and reject calls. The Aspire and Figo brochures also mention that audio and phone controls are mounted on the steering from the Trend variant onwards:
Ford Aspire : Official Review-aspire-steering-controls.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-figo-steering-controls.jpg

This same question arose in the Figo thread, so quoting those posts here. See the last quote (from teemus) - although the phone icons are not present, they are functionally the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Do lower variants of the new Figo (Titanium and below) get phone controls on the steering wheel. In pics, I dont see dedicated buttons for call receiving/ending on the steering whreas I see them on the HU. Does that mean that one has to access these buttons on the HU to receive/end calls via Bluetooth?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
Steering mounted audio and phone controls start from the Trend variant itself on the new Figo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
The Previous and Next buttons on the steering wheel, of Titanium variant, are used also for answering the phone. They have double function. Previous song button to Answer the phone and Next button to Hang up. Even on HU it's the same in fact.

Last edited by arunphilip : 17th October 2015 at 04:55. Reason: Added room for watermark in images
arunphilip is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 11:04   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Would love to see more of the smoke grey pictures! (In sunlight/white light too, please)
I have pictures of the Aspire that I took in the Showroom. Hope it helps.
Here you go...
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20150830_160249.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20150830_160304.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20150830_160319.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20150830_160348.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20150830_160417.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20150830_160945.jpg  

samaspire is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 10:40   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
I have got Seat Cover, Floor Mats and Boot Mat and material seems to be of good quality, it is light in shade so gets dirty easily hence if you choose to buy it from outside you may get darker shades as per your preference.
The mats sold by Ford for Aspire are of fabric material. Won't these mats be useless in rainy season. The mats would get wet and start stinking. So if one buys these then he will have to buy rubber mats in 6 months, no? Dealer did not have rubber mats by the way.
manish84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 11:33   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
The mats sold by Ford for Aspire are of fabric material. Won't these mats be useless in rainy season. The mats would get wet and start stinking. So if one buys these then he will have to buy rubber mats in 6 months, no? Dealer did not have rubber mats by the way.
Quite true, the fabric mats are ill-suited for any season. Even in dry weather, they will hold onto dust and dirt, which gets released when feet scrape the mat. It is best to skip the fabric mats altogether, and go in for one of the following:
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 11:33   #276
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I have pictures of the Aspire that I took in the Showroom. Hope it helps.

Here you go...

Thanks Sam. I have been trying to upload from the app, but some issue that doesn't allow me to do so. :(

The color does tend to hide minor bumps and scratches, as had evidenced in our previous car. Add to that, had gone to 3M yesterday for the underbody treatment, and saw Carbon Steel wrap that I think will go very well with the shade. Let's see when and if I get it done.
methecupid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 15:56   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Quite true, the fabric mats are ill-suited for any season. Even in dry weather, they will hold onto dust and dirt, which gets released when feet scrape the mat. It is best to skip the fabric mats altogether, and go in for one of the following:
I agree. The mats from Ford are useless and overpriced. Floor mats and boot mats cost 4100 and are part of the essential accessories package along with the mud flaps. I have been trying to buy just the mud flaps but the dealer is saying that the 'essential accessories' are part of the new car and is billed along with the car (MRP 5100). Yesterday I spoke to customer care and they assured me that it is not the case and the dealer cannot force me to buy it.

My plan was/is to go for the DIY nomads. It will cost about 1200 for material + labour @ 1200 per hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Thanks Sam. I have been trying to upload from the app, but some issue that doesn't allow me to do so. :(
The app is very buggy. I find it convenient to read but I always use the mobile chrome browser for adding my inputs.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 17:38   #278
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Extended warranty pricing just in from Ford. Have added the sheet to the review as well.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-extended-warranty.png
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 17:44   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Extended warranty pricing just in from Ford. Have added the sheet to the review as well.
For all their talk about pricing spares competitively, the extended warranty is ridiculously priced! INR 28K for a 5 year warranty!

Might have just been better for Ford to do what BMW does with BSI: throw in a host of plans (5 years/60Kkm; 3yrs/45Kkm, etc.) to reduce the cost.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 18:24   #280
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
For all their talk about pricing spares competitively, the extended warranty is ridiculously priced! INR 28K for a 5 year warranty!
The plan is not bad right? I believe this is 60M over the original 2 year warranty. So 7 years covered.

That's less than 6K per year for 5 years after the original warranty.
Old 19th October 2015, 18:29   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
While I normally would think that 'longer is better', in this instance I think the 4 year extended warranty hits the sweet spot in terms of cost. Not only is the incremental cost for the 5th year quite high (in comparison to the previous plans), in my opinion the likelihood of failures being attributed to wear and tear by the 5th year are higher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The plan is not bad right? I believe this is 60M over the original 2 year warranty. So 7 years covered. That's less than 6K per year for 5 years after the original warranty.
Given that the plan starts at 3 years, I presume that the 2 year standard warranty is included. So, these plans for 3/4/5 years offer you an extra 1/2/3 years over the standard 2-year warranty.

Last edited by arunphilip : 19th October 2015 at 18:31.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 21:38   #282
BHPian

Visited Talera Ford at Yerwada recently to check out Aspire. Took a test drive of Petrol automatic DCT as well as Diesel.

No doubt Aspire is the best CS currently; what raged me is below thing.

While I was having a chat with sales person, I asked him what is the top speed of Aspire, to which he replied recently our GM went to Nigdi to deliver a car, He has recorded (video) 180 km/hr on old Pune - Mumbai highway

I was like WTH? Do you drive a new car to be delivered to a customer at such insane speeds?

Casually asked him what is the price offered if I trade in my 3 yr old, 50k run Figo TDCi Titanium, he said 3L
The car which I bought at 7.2L just 3 years back, is depreciated by more than 50%. Argggggghhhh....
Old 19th October 2015, 22:42   #283
BHPian

The extended warranty mentioned is inclusive of first 2 years. So a 60 months warranty means 2+3 year warranty. The prices seems to be on higher side. I got written quotations for both Aspire petrol and diesel warranty.
The cost for 2+3, total 5 year warranty is 16,288/- after adjusting for free 3rd year warranty. The amount was same for petrol AT and diesel MT. Does petrol and diesel engine warranty cost differ usually? They should is what I would guess.
Old 20th October 2015, 10:32   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Visited Talera Ford at Yerwada recently to check out Aspire. Took a test drive of Petrol automatic DCT as well as Diesel.

No doubt Aspire is the best CS currently; what raged me is below thing.

While I was having a chat with sales person, I asked him what is the top speed of Aspire, to which he replied recently our GM went to Nigdi to deliver a car, He has recorded (video) 180 km/hr on old Pune - Mumbai highway

I was like WTH? Do you drive a new car to be delivered to a customer at such insane speeds?

Casually asked him what is the price offered if I trade in my 3 yr old, 50k run Figo TDCi Titanium, he said 3L
The car which I bought at 7.2L just 3 years back, is depreciated by more than 50%. Argggggghhhh....
I did talk to that GM when I was doing the TD for my car. This is the test vehicle he drove to & back from Mumbai & not a client vehicle for delivery. Not that justifies those crazy speeds
vkaul1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 11:40   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
I did talk to that GM when I was doing the TD for my car. This is the test vehicle he drove to & back from Mumbai & not a client vehicle for delivery. Not that justifies those crazy speeds
Good that you clarified else after reading the comment about rash driving for the delivery vehicle, I was going to call my SA and ask him to not move my car an inch until the delivery.

My dealer is the same Talera Ford but I am waiting for a Figo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks