Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: General Discussion:
Stands at Step 7/8 in North/Midlands

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

davidp
Reserve Team Star

May 25, 2016, 7:15 PM

Team(s): Leek Town, Abbey Hulton United, Norton Utd (RIP), Brighton and Stoke City

Post #1 of 40 (14957 views)
Shortcut
Stands at Step 7/8 in North/Midlands Can't Post or Reply Privately

Which teams below step six have stands in the following leagues?
Cheshire, West Cheshire, Manchester, Liverpool, Central Mids N/S, Midland two, WMRL One, Mercian, Leicestershire, Notts, West Lancs?

eg, Staffs:

Florence
Uttoxeter Town
Knypersley Victoria
Ball Haye Green
Hanley Town (GS - Groundshare)
Audley
Alsager (GS)
Eccleshall (GS)
Foley

Cheers

The Groundhog - the football ground travelog

Ostrich
First Team Sub

May 25, 2016, 9:09 PM

Post #2 of 40 (14760 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davidp] Stands at Step 7/8 in North/Midlands [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Midland League Division 2 - These do: Paget Rangers (groundshare at Boldmere), Rostance Edwards, Knowle, Barnt Green Spartak (assuming they play on the main pitch at Highgate)

Fairfield have covered standing.

Sutton Utd, Coton Green, Hampton, Austrey (unless you count the bus stop-style shelter in one corner), don't.

Droitwich, Alvis don't know, Feckenham and Earlswood I think not.

Chelmsley Town are groundsharing at Coleshill next year, I think, so yes.

WM(R)L 1 - these do: Shifnal, Wednesfield (if it's still standing ...Sly), Trysull (groundshare), FC Stafford, Team Dudley,

Darlaston, Shenstone, Penncroft don't (although you can watch Darlo from inside the bar)

Worcester Raiders, I have been to Claines Lane, and I think I recall some cover down one side by the road, but it might have been standing only

Wren's Nest - I think they might do, from Google Street View, but I'm not sure which of two adjacent pitches they play on; one does and one doesn't? You'll need more local knowledge than me .... Cool

The rest I don't know, and I stand to be corrected on all of the above, as it's a number of years since I went to some of these grounds, and memory fades ... Blush

(This post was edited by Ostrich on May 25, 2016, 9:18 PM)

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 25, 2016, 9:24 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #3 of 40 (14702 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ostrich] Stands at Step 7/8 in North/Midlands [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Sutton Utd, Coton Green, Hampton, Austrey (unless you count the bus stop-style shelter in one corner), don't.

Droitwich, Alvis don't know, Feckenham and Earlswood I think not.

Worcester Raiders, I have been to Claines Lane, and I think I recall some cover down one side by the road, but it might have been standing only

All the clubs highlighted in bold have covered standing.

kivo
First Team Regular

May 25, 2016, 10:02 PM

Team(s): Kiveton Park, Sheffield Wednesday

Post #4 of 40 (14645 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davidp] Stands at Step 7/8 in North/Midlands [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sheffield County Senior League - not including reserve teams -

Frecheville Community - one behind one goal

Houghton Main - one stand straddling halfway line

North Gawber Colliery - one stand straddling halfway line

Oughtibridge War Memorial - two shelters straddling halfway line

Swallownest - one shelter behind one goal

Swinton Athletic - one stand straddling halfway line

Bawtry Town - one stand straddling halfway line behind an athletics track

Kiveton Park - one stand straddling halfway line

(This post was edited by kivo on May 25, 2016, 10:15 PM)

steve walker
Administrator

May 25, 2016, 10:50 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 40 (14510 views)
Shortcut

Doesn't it really depend of your definition of a 'Stand'
If you follow Tony Incenzo on twitter he regularly posts pictures of 'Stands' on his travels which I occasionally retweet on the @NL_Matters twitter account but are they really 'Stands' or maybe they are... it depends on your viewpoint.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 26, 2016, 12:03 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #6 of 40 (14353 views)
Shortcut

In the West Cheshire, Newton have an impressive old seated stand (I assume it's still there). Also obviously Vauxhalls and Cammell Laird Res. There may be others too.

Heswall and Ashville have decent lengths of covered accom but not sure if they have any seats.

007Dale
First Team Star

May 26, 2016, 5:20 AM

Post #7 of 40 (14248 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Stands at Step 7/8 in North/Midlands [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In the Leicestershire Senior League the ones I know about:
Friar Lane & Epworth
Ratby Sports
Barlestone St Giles
Earl Shilton Albion
Lutterworth Town

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 26, 2016, 9:18 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #8 of 40 (14029 views)
Shortcut

Ignoring those ground sharing with teams at a higher level, in the Peterborough & District Langtoft United, Netherton United and Warboys Town spring to mind. In the Cambridgeshire there is Chatteris Town.

CND67
First Team Star

May 26, 2016, 9:27 AM

Team(s): Wolverhampton Wanderers & England

Post #9 of 40 (14001 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] Stands at Step 7/8 in North/Midlands [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In West Mids 2 Old Wulfrunians have a small brick built stand down the clubhouse side of the ground.

Last New Ground: Bamber Bridge
Grounds Visited: 1,149

CND67
First Team Star

May 26, 2016, 9:32 AM

Team(s): Wolverhampton Wanderers & England

Post #10 of 40 (13991 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] Stands at Step 7/8 in North/Midlands [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Friar Lane & Epworth
Ratby Sports
Barlestone St Giles
Earl Shilton Albion
Lutterworth Town

In Division One also stands at;

Ibstock United
Highfields Rangers

Last New Ground: Bamber Bridge
Grounds Visited: 1,149

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 26, 2016, 9:39 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #11 of 40 (13977 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] Stands at Step 7/8 in North/Midlands [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Friar Lane & Epworth
Ratby Sports
Barlestone St Giles
Earl Shilton Albion
Lutterworth Town

All those Res teams in the LSL have stands but im not sure i'd include Ratby Sports in this category as there is abit of cover but not a seat to be seen but i suppose it's as SW says and depends on ones definition of a stand.

shimtoan
First Team Regular

May 26, 2016, 10:19 AM

Team(s): Dunkirk

Post #12 of 40 (13930 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Stands at Step 7/8 in North/Midlands [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

from what I can gather, in the NSL Premier from season just finished

AFC Dunkirk
Bilborough Town
Clifton All Whites
Newark Flowserve
Real United

unless stated, all views are my own and are not the views of any other person, club, or organisation

London Harrier
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 26, 2016, 11:38 AM

Post #13 of 40 (13830 views)
Shortcut

AFC Ludlow in WMRL Div One (Step 7) have a lovely little stadium.

RussWWFC
First Team Star

May 26, 2016, 1:05 PM

Team(s): Wycombe Wanderers

Post #14 of 40 (13684 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shimtoan] Stands at Step 7/8 in North/Midlands [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Some good ones here. I plan to make a list for the whole of step 7 and below that have stands once the leagues are confirmed

Another one is Wonder Vaults who share at Wednesfield

Visit my Blog - The Wycombe Wanderer
Follow me on Twitter @RussWWFC

London Harrier
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 26, 2016, 1:17 PM

Post #15 of 40 (13660 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RussWWFC] Stands at Step 7/8 in North/Midlands [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I really recommend Ludlow, Russ.
Great ground for their level, nice clubhouse and friendly welcome. Also, Ludlow is a beautiful town with a castle and lots of medieval buildings. AND it�s a big foodie place. If you�re partial to Cider, they sell lots of locally brewed stuff in pubs and shops.
http://www.ludlowfoodcentre.co.uk/...&DepartmentID=33

keithalex
Junior Team Star

May 26, 2016, 3:23 PM

Post #16 of 40 (13503 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ostrich] Stands at Step 7/8 in North/Midlands [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Droitwich Spa FC have small covered stand - no seats
Attachments: Spa.jpg (36.1 KB)
  Spa 2.jpg (43.5 KB)

davidp
Reserve Team Star

May 26, 2016, 7:44 PM

Team(s): Leek Town, Abbey Hulton United, Norton Utd (RIP), Brighton and Stoke City

Post #17 of 40 (13247 views)
Shortcut
Re: [keithalex] Stands at Step 7/8 in North/Midlands [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks all contributors. I didn't give much thought to my use of the word stand. I really meant cover, but as there seem to be quite a lot with stands, then it doesn't matter. I want to get round some of the better step sevens next season, such as Ludlow. It's difficult to know where some of the gems are without asking. Those ones from the Sheffield area look great! I had no idea. Thanks again - some great pics.

The Groundhog - the football ground travelog

andymac
Youth Team Sub

May 26, 2016, 10:20 PM

Team(s): Stoke City, Market Drayton Tigers

Post #18 of 40 (13060 views)
Shortcut

In the SCSL, Wolstanton United have a small covered area. Slightly off track but Ball Haye Green may not be there much longer according to the local paper. The land owner is considering selling up for housing.
Andymac

ianh
First Team Star

May 26, 2016, 11:00 PM

Post #19 of 40 (13029 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andymac] Stands at Step 7/8 in North/Midlands [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

last season in the lincs league

Skegness Town (gone now)
market rasen
horncastle town (substantial cover attached to clubhouse)
Cleethorpes Town DS (at Linden homes)

Tim
Man City Transfer Target!

May 26, 2016, 11:09 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #20 of 40 (13018 views)
Shortcut
Re: [keithalex] Stands at Step 7/8 in North/Midlands [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Droitwich Spa FC have small covered stand - no seats

I could be wrong, but I'm not convinced that the first picture is Droitwich Spa FC.

davidjay
Reserve Team Regular

May 26, 2016, 11:13 PM

Post #21 of 40 (13010 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Midland League Division 2 - These do: Paget Rangers (groundshare at Boldmere), Rostance Edwards, Knowle, Barnt Green Spartak (assuming they play on the main pitch at Highgate)

Fairfield have covered standing.

Blush

Hampton have a small bit of covered standing.

GTV
Junior Team Sub

May 27, 2016, 10:16 AM

Post #22 of 40 (12811 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Stands at Step 7/8 in North/Midlands [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You're right Tim, the first picture looks like Hampton to me. It's certainly not Droitwich.

London Harrier
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 27, 2016, 10:23 AM

Post #23 of 40 (12792 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Thanks all contributors. I didn't give much thought to my use of the word stand. I really meant cover, but as there seem to be quite a lot with stands, then it doesn't matter. I want to get round some of the better step sevens next season, such as Ludlow. It's difficult to know where some of the gems are without asking. Those ones from the Sheffield area look great! I had no idea. Thanks again - some great pics.

Having grown up there, I�m biased, but if you do visit Ludlow, make sure you spend an hour or so walking around the town centre. It�s simply stunning, as a Google image search will reveal.

Ludlow�s ground, while very good for Step 7, is on the outskirts of town and doesn�t really give a feel of the place. Below is a photo of Ludlow, taken by one of my old classmates.

keithalex
Junior Team Star

May 27, 2016, 12:01 PM

Post #24 of 40 (12663 views)
Shortcut

Oops! Uploaded wrong photo of Droitwich Spa's ground - here's the correct one

(This post was edited by keithalex on May 27, 2016, 12:04 PM)
Attachments: Spa 3.jpg (41.2 KB)

nico
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 27, 2016, 3:38 PM

Team(s): SV Schadenfreude

Post #25 of 40 (12448 views)
Shortcut

Ericstan Park, home of Wythenshawe Town FC, has two seated stands and is well worth a visit.

One moment's high and glory rolls on by

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3