Mystery Case Mower

mmsparky

New User
I bought a case VAI with a mower on it it belonged to the county the Mower tag says Case Detroit #1860 i just want to find out any info on it sofar cant find anything about it online so maybe one of you guys know something about it
a75902.jpg

a75903.jpg

a75904.jpg

a75905.jpg

It's an industrial mower made by Detroit Harvester for Case. I have a rear-mounted agricultural version.

It looks like a Detroit highway mower made for Case. From all the research I have done I think it is a later model because both functions, (bar raise and lower and entire machine raise and lower) are hydraulic. I think the company that made these mowers went out of business in 1959 or 60, which makes some of the parts very difficult if not impossible to find. I have a #16 highway mower that only has the bar rise and lower that is hydraulic, and you raise and lower the entire machine by hand. It was removed from a 48 VAI. Are you planning to restore the tractor and mower? Keep us updated on your progress. KYCASE1

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back