case-detroit highway mower

bradley martin

Further to Case Nutty's post on his VAI with the mounted highway mower, I dug out a Case parts book, dated September 1940. It depicts parts for the #14 and#16 mowers and mounts for various Case tractors of that era.(RI,DI,SI,VI and VAI). These two models appear to be different than Tom's, although there are similarities. CTPhil's mounts, appear to be a bastardized version of the #14 mounts, likely adapted from another make of tractor. A Google search shows the Detroit Harvester Co., owned by Ford, produced both highway and agricultural sickle mowers from the early '30s to late '50s, for various tractor manufacturers. Not surprisingly, many were fitted to Ford and Ferguson tractors. Google also revealed a few threads from the archives of this site that discuss this manufacturer.
mvphoto23948.jpg

a280690.jpg

Thanks for looking Bradley, I have at least two versions of the parts book you posted,, I also have at least 8 more books up to the model 31 mower used on the 430 ect,, none I have show the drive system I have but the VAIH5 mower use the same style pitman wobble head,, the earlier ones like above use a different style, they continued to use the same style wobble head in even the 31 model,, I would guess this one is from around the same era as the VAIH5, and Steve yes I agree it is similar for sure, I am just trying to put a correct model to it and even with two big binders of mower parts books I do not have this exact one nor does anyone else as of yet lol
cnt

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back