(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2001/0049523 Al
DeVore et al. (43) Pub. Date: Dec. 6,2001
(54) PMR CATHETER
(75) Inventors: Lauri DeVore, Seattle, WA (US);
Bryan Kinsella, Mukilteo, WA (US)
Glenn M. Seager
CROMPTON, SEAGER & TUFTE, LLC
331 Second Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55401 (US)
(73) Assignee: SciMed Life Systems, Inc.
(21) Appl. No.: 09/814,314
(22) Filed: Mar. 21, 2001
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation ol application No. 09/256,831, filed on Feb. 24, 1999, now Pat. No. 6,217,575.
(51) Int. CI.7 A61B 18/14
(52) U.S. CI 606/41; 606/49; 606/50; 607/99;
607/105; 607/113; 604/22
Devices and methods for performing percutaneous myocardial revascularization (PMR). A catheter in accordance with the invention includes an elongate shaft having a proximal end and a distal end. The elongate shaft defines a lumen, and a conductor is disposed inside the lumen. An electrode portion is formed by the bent portion of the conductor which extends from the distal end of the elongate shaft. A method in accordance with the present invention may be used to form a wound through the endocardium and into the myocardium of a patient's heart. Collateral damage to the myocardium may be created by infusing pressurized fluid into the wound. A number of fluids may be delivered to a location proximate the wound via the catheter.