(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication oo) Pub. No.: US 2006/0084943 Al
Rosenman et al. (43) Pub. Date: Apr. 20,2006
(54) IMPLANT DELIVERY CATHETER SYSTEM AND METHODS FOR ITS USE
(75) Inventors: Daniel C. Rosenman, South San
Francisco, CA (US); Peter A. Altman,
South San Francisco, CA (US); Mark
A. Lovich, South San Francisco, CA
(US); Michael A. Schwartz, South San
Francisco, CA (US); Aaron J. Miller,
South San Francisco, CA (US)
CROCKETT & CROCKETT
24012 CALLE DE LA PLATA
LAGUNA HILLS, CA 92653 (US) (73) Assignee: BioCardia, Inc.
(21) Appl. No.: 11/295,412
(22) Filed: Dec. 6, 2005
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 10/292,667, filed on Nov. 12, 2002, now Pat. No. 6,971,998, which is a continuation of application No. 09/543,127, filed on Apr. 5, 2000, now Pat. No. 6,478,776.
(51) Int. CI.
A61K 9/22 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 604/890.1; 604/57
Catheter systems and methods for implanting helical or dart-like implants into the myocardium or other body tissue. The catheter system includes a helix for fixing the distal end of the catheter to the myocardium, an implant held by the helix, mechanisms for driving the fixation helix into the myocardium, and mechanisms for driving the implant into the myocardium, removing the fixation helix and leaving the implant behind. The implant may be coated, filled, or made of a drug or drug eluting compound, or drug delivery matrix of any composition.