(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication
Ryan et al.
(54) MARKERS FOR PROSTHETIC HEART VALVES
(75) Inventors: Timothy R. Ryan, Shorewood, MN (US); Charles Tabor, Shoreview, MN(US)
710 MEDTRONIC PARKWAY NE
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55432-9924 (US)
(73) Assignee: Medtronic, Inc., Minneapolis, MN (US)
(21) Appl.No.: 12/358,765
(22) Filed: Jan. 23, 2009
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Provisional application No. 61/062,207, filed on Jan. 24, 2008.
(51) Int. CI.
A61F 2/06 (2006.01)
A61F 2/24 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 623/1.26; 623/2.11; 623/1.34
A replacement prosthetic heart valve for engagement with a structure of an original prosthetic heart valve that includes at least one visually detectable marker. The replacement heart valve includes a stent structure having a generally tubular body portion and at least one visually detectable marker on a portion of the stent structure, and at least two leaflets attached within the interior area of the tubular body portion of the stent structure. At least one visually detectable marker of the stent structure is alignable with at least one visually detectable marker of the original prosthetic heart valve.