(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2003/0106924 Al
Nobori et al. (43) Pub. Date: Jun. 12,2003
(54) ELECTRONIC CIRCUIT DEVICE AND METHOD FOR MANUFACTURING THE SAME
(76) Inventors: Kazuhiro Nobori, Osaka (JP); Satoshi
Ikeda, Osaka (JP); Yasushi Kato,
Kyoto (JP); Yasufumi Nakajima,
WENDEROTH, LIND & PONACK, L.L.P.
2033 K STREET N. W.
WASHINGTON, DC 20006-1021 (US)
(21) Appl. No.: 10/221,853
(22) PCT Filed: Jan. 15, 2002 (86) PCT No.: PCT/JP02/00167
(30) Foreign Application Priority Data
Jan. 17, 2001 (JP) 2001-8823
(51) Int. CI.7 B23K 31/02; H01L 21/44
(52) U.S. CI 228/180.22; 228/256; 257/737;
Bumps (112) are formed to electrodes of semiconductor elements (111), and moreover the semiconductor elements with the bumps are electrically connected to metallic members (114) having installation members (114fc), whereby wiring lines are eliminated. A stray inductance and a conduction resistance resulting from the wiring lines can be reduced. A conventional dented connector and a projecting connector are eliminated by connecting the installation members to a second circuit board, enabling the electronic circuit device of the power control system to be made compact.