(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication
Furst et al.
(54) COATED MEDICAL DEVICE
(75) Inventors: Joseph G. Furst, Lyndhurst, OH (US);
William G. Brodbeck, South Euclid,
Fay, Sharpe, Fagan,
Minnich & McKee, LLP
1100 Superior Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44114-2579 (US)
(73) Assignee: ICON Interventional Systems, Inc.
(21) Appl. No.: 11/283,330
(22) Filed: Nov. 18, 2005
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation-in-part of application No. 10/209,591, filed on Jul. 31, 2002, which is a continuation-in-part
of application No. 10/039,816, filed on Oct. 26, 2001, now abandoned, which is a continuation-in-part of application No. 09/771,073, filed on Jan. 29, 2001, now abandoned, which is a continuation-in-part of application No. 09/363,052, filed on Jul. 29, 1999, now Pat. No. 6,206,916.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/094,250, filed on Jul. 27, 1998.
(51) Int. CI.
A61F 2/06 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 623/1.42
A stent that is adapted for introduction into a body passageway and which releases at least one biological agent after being inserted in the body passageway. The release of the at least one biological agent can be a controlled release via molecular diffusion through a non-porous polymer layer.