Lloyds is to shed a further 9,000 jobs as digital banking spreads. Photograph: Andrew Matthews/PA. Jill Treanor. Saturday 25 October 2014 19.05 EDT.
A record five million UK workers are now in low-paid jobs, research from a think tank suggests. Those earning less than two thirds of median hourly pay - equivalent to �7.69 an hour - rose by 250,000 to 5.2m last year, the Resolution Foundation said.
After putting the euro zone's top 130 banks through their paces, the European Central Bank will face a test of its own today - will its landmark health check succeed in convincing investors the region's lenders are safe?
LONDON - Tesco Chairman Richard Broadbent will leave after Britain's biggest supermarket company said accounting irregularities started earlier than this year and will continue to affect profit in the second half.
October 25, 2014 - On Friday, the British air carrier Monarch Airlines reported the company was sold to Greybull Capital LLP, a private equity investment group which has acquired 90% ownership interest in Monarch, with the remaining 10% to be contributed ...